Luxury rental housing in San Francisco has been historically priced between $4.70 – $6.00 sqft depending on the particular building and unit. Advertised prices are usually higher. For instance, 2 bedroom rents at the Jasper, a new luxury building in San Francisco are as high as $6.17 sqft. By comparison, brand new condominiums at the Arden by Bosa, are being priced for as low as $3.57 sqft!
For a luxury condominium, Arden rents are super low and have both owners and agents scratching heads. Granted we as professional leasing agents are seeing some downward pressure on rents throughout the city, but not as much as we see at the Arden- A local phenomenon? We think so. This post reviews some of the features and amenities at the brand new Arden by Bosa and then we offer some “on the ground“ speculation as to why we think rents are taking such a hit.
Features and services being offered at the Arden By Bosa:
• Tall Ceilings
• Double Pane Windows
• Hardwood Floors with Plush Carpeting in Bedrooms
• Full-Size Washer and Dryer
• Walk-in Closets
• Energy-Efficient Heating and Air Conditioning
• Pre-Wired with USB Port and Fiber Optic Cable
• Private Tiled Balconies or Terraces
• Caesarstone Kitchen Countertops with Mosaic Tile Backsplash
• Thermador Applicances
Rents at the Arden are as low as $3.57 compared to historic prices of $4.70 to $6.50 sqft
• Sleek Modern Cabinetry
• Designer Grohe Faucets and Fixtures
• Two Designer Lobbies with Attendants
• Hotel-Inspired Fireside Lounge
• 75′ Rooftop Lap Pool and Spa
• Double-Height Fitness Studio with His and Her Changing Rooms
• Expansive Outdoor Wood Deck with Views of the City
• Social Lounge with Entertaining Kitchen and Billiards
• Beautifully Landscaped 5th Floor Terrace
• Open-Air Grilling and Dining Area
• Outdoor Fireplace Gathering Area
• Luxurious Library Lounge
• Gated Resident Parking
• Electric Car Charging Stations
• Resident Workshop
• Pet Wash and Grooming Area
• WiFi and USB Ports Throughout all Amenity Areas
• Controlled Building, Amenity and Elevator Access
• Onsite Storage for Each Residence
Why Such Low Rental Rates at the Arden By Bosa? Such low rent rates at this property are in part due to the following:
• Great deal of rental inventory on market- New buildings are creating a short term surplus of units.
• Surrounding the Arden is still a construction zone
o Fence around children’s park- Entry not allowed
o Dog run and park still only dirt.
o Construction materials around building
• Workers in building still fixing and repairing
• Supermarket (Safeway) which is approx. 3 blocks away the closet store.
• Google Maps and Walk Score contain inaccuracies with regard to specific area
Will this last? No! Prudent renters who are seeking a superior property in an area of the city filled with parks, public walkways, stores and restaurants but close to transportation will jump at this opportunity. Construction will end soon and parks will be opening shortly.
ReLISTO has over 10 properties currently for rent at the Arden. We have already rented a good deal of inventory at this location and have been very successful in achieving very competitive rents for both Tenant and Landlord in a large part due to our wide reaching marketing campaign for the Arden as well as our very attractive incentives being offered for this property. See all of our units at the Arden including floor plans, videos and virtual tours by going to ReLISTO Team Arden Page. Call one of our agents to ask about our move in specials.
ReLISTO is a licensed Real Estate Brokerage, specializing in the renting and leasing of apartments, condominiums, homes, lofts and executive furnished rentals. We have one of the largest inventories of rental housing in San Francisco. Contact our offices at 415-236-6116 to lease or list a property!